Reindeer in the Room: Christmas Holiday Behavior System
The holidays are just around the corner and for most, it means spending time with friends and family. However, for teachers, these next few weeks can seem like pure torture as students seem to get more wild by the minute.
Reindeer in the Room is the perfect solution for maintaining a calm, productive classroom during the holiday season. A special reindeer, only used by teachers, is sent to watch over the classroom and this reindeer reports nightly to Santa. Students are introduced to the reindeer with a rhyming poem; they get to name him/her and write "My Reindeer Promise", selecting 3 ways they will demonstrate outstanding behavior.
Each day the reindeer watches the classroom and he/she picks one student who demonstrates outstanding behavior; this student gets an antler award (and can wear an antler headband--purchased at Target dollar section). The students who did not make good behavior choices (i.e. shouting out incomplete homework, etc.) will get a big hoof, telling them to stomp out misbehavior. The reindeer moves each morning after he gets back from the North Pole.
This unit includes:
- Introduction and suggestions for use
- An adorable reindeer character (in color and black outline)
- 2 cute rhyming poems, one to introduce system and "watch" and one to introduce antler and hoof reward/consequence system
- My Reindeer Promise, a student writing activity
- Customizable antler awards (in color and black outline)
- Customizable hoof awards (in color and black outline)
- Reindeer Munch recipe