Back to School Character Education Classroom Cooking Projects
The first week of school is a time to focus on establishing procedures, explaining expectations and building classroom community. Infuse some fun into these lessons with our Back to School Character Education Classroom Cooking Unit.
- Each cooking project uses a Back to School exemplar text to teach important lessons such as talking at appropriate times and defining key qualities of friendship.
- Detailed lesson plans are included with essential questions, materials list along with suggestions for teacher modeling, guided practice and independent practice.
- Each lesson includes accompanying worksheets and graphic organizers to help students understand and reflect on these important character traits and life skills.
The following projects are included:
- Jitter Jumble: Reflecting on first day feelings
- Apple Mouths: Talking at appropriate times
- Friendship Salad: Defining key qualities of friendship
Start your year off right with our comprehensive line of Back to School products! Be sure to check out our Best of Back to School Lesson Plans & Activities, Golden Keys to Success Behavior Management Plan and Back to School Teacher Toolbox: Routines, Procedures & Transitions.